Date: 13 September — 18 October 2023
Time: 11am — 12:30pm
Duration: Six week course
During this six-week poetry course on Wednesday mornings from 11am – 12.30pm, facilitated by poet Gerry Boland, participants will:
- get to meet other poets, many of them at different stages of their writing life;
- write and develop six new poems (creative prompts provided by Gerry);
- read and discuss twelve contemporary poems (selected by Gerry);
- learn how to tell the difference between a weak poem and a strong poem, and between a good poem and a great poem;
- write – in addition to the six new poems – a number of beginnings, the idea being that, by the end of the course, participants will have several new poems to work on;
- come away with a deeper appreciation of their own strengths and weaknesses as poets, and how best to proceed in their poetic journey.
Gerry Boland has published ten books to date, three of these being poetry collections (Watching Clouds; In the Space Between; All That Jazz). He is an experienced facilitator and has delivered workshops in libraries and art centres throughout the region. He is working on his fourth poetry collection and on a series of storybooks for the young reader.
Book @ The Dock 071 965 0828