Your Weekly Writing Fix:
An Online Creative Writing Course
- Satisfy your writing impulse with a weekly writing fix
- Meet up with other writers in a friendly and creative online
- Be challenged and inspired by different writing prompts each week.
These prompts, or writing triggers, designed to fire your imagination,
can often act as a launching pad for a longer piece of work by you.
There’ll be brief discussions and feedback following each of these
short writing exercises
- Take part in (or simply listen to) discussions on diverse topics to do
with writing (eg. what to write about, what point of view to use,
pacing, voice, how to assess the quality of your writing, editing your
own work, organising your writing life, publishing options, etc.)
- In addition to the above, and subject to there being sufficient time any
given week, we will read and analyse a poem or a short piece of prose
- 12 creative writing workshops of one-and-a-half-hours’ duration over
a twelve-week period, starting 12 th September and ending 28 th
November, hosted and facilitated by poet and author, Gerry Boland
- Two short writing prompts provided by the facilitator, followed by
feedback from the participants and related discussion
- Regular onscreen discussions on diverse topics related to ‘a writing
- Reading and analysis of a poem or a piece of prose (this is subject to
there being sufficient time any given week)
Course Dates and Times
Monday evenings from 18.30 – 20.00 starting 12 September and running
consecutively for twelve weeks, ending on 28 November.
Note: Should the Monday evening course be oversubscribed, the same
course will be offered, to run on Tuesday evenings, starting 13 September.
Course Fee: €90
Read About Gerry Here